lauantai 16. helmikuuta 2008

Now I am at my hometown called Parkano. This is where I moved in 1995 when I returned back from Tanzania. I went to High school of Parkano and started soon running for my club Parkanon Urheilijat at the age of seventeen. Since those days I have continued running despite one achilles operation at the end of 2005. I still believe that the best results are to come. 30min before I turn 30 is a common plan for me and Martin from Sweden.

Last year I shifted to a new club JKU which is in Jyväskylä. I have lived there for past six years. The athmosphere is really motivating and we have a group for team and relay races. The following races we plan to do coming spring and summer: Karhu viesti- road relay race, Finnish crosscountry championships and track relays. We hope for good succes!

It looks that winter has come for few days. In the morning temperature was -14c and I just did an easy morning run. In the evening I am supposed to run tough 15km, but my muscles are really stiff from cold weather. Tomorrow the usual longrun I probably run by myself since there are not many distance runners left in Parkano. Some ten years ago here used to be many really good runners about my age. Now I am the only crazy guy to run with top effort.

I challenge you my friend to come and run in 12.4.2008 Karhu viesti- relay race for 7 runners with distances between 5km and 11km.

If that one comes too soon why not to head Jyväskylä in 13.9.2008 to run 12km/half marathon/full marathon in Finlandia Marathon. Cource is flat and in 2009 there will be Finnish championships of marathon in that race. I plan to win that one and retire :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti