sunnuntai 24. helmikuuta 2008

French connection FCuk

I am back from weekends trip to Joensuu. There was Finnish championships in indoors. We went to venue area yesterday and stayed one night in a local hostel. Three guys in same room but we got along really well. There is plenty of humor in our talk and things doesnt get too serious untill an hour before race.
My race was not something I expected. Feeling was good when doing warm up. As the race started the first kilometre was a bit slow for whole group and I felt really easy. Track was 325,33 meter long and it was not easy to follow kilometre spots. I thought that to be a nice thing- no need to look at watch just follow the group. Second kilometre was also fine but after that the leading group increased pace. I tried to hang on but found it diffucult. Two laps to go and I was full of so called lactate. Same thing as last year when my half way point was crazy 4.08. Only now kilometres were about 2.51, 2.51 and 2.56. I had to realize the fact that once pace starts to slow down and you are alone there is not much you could do. On last lap I was allready far from boys I was running with and Mikko was chasing me from behind. Last 200m to go and I got some speed back and kept Mikko looking at my heels. Still I was not very happy. The point was to run below 8.30 and I did 8.38. Perhaps I should have done one race before so that my body would have been ready to tolerate lactate. The training I did was not just enough. Race prepares you for race! Oh well that race was just a candy on my way to Peking :)
Now it is again back to basics. Easy training with more kilometres. Longer tough 3k repeats and runs with medium tough speed. More training with Vesa and Erik. Kilometres and kilometres. Some gym and perhaps testing my skiis.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti